Environmental Policy Statement
Livonia Print recognizes that concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of the company’s business strategy. For this reason since its opening Livonia Print is focusing on environmental issues. When making decisions, when planning and controlling productions, environmental issues are always considered carefully to minimize the negative impact of company’s activities on the environment, therefore
Livonia Print is committed to:
- Minimize waste in all the production processes by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible;
- Improve waste management – to increase the amount of recyclable waste, to sort types of waste to improve their recyclability;
- Actively promote Livonia Print employees’ awareness and incentive regarding the importance of waste sorting;
- Seek solutions to reduce electrical power consumption by developing steps for improvement;
- Save and manage water resources responsibly;
- Perform CO2 calculations and keep track of their reduction;
- Continuously research any new suppliers for environmentally friendly chemicals for printing presses and bindery processes;
- Comply with the existing Latvian and EU environmental regulations that relates to Livonia Print.
Livonia Print sustainability goals to be achieved by 2025 (2020 taken as base year):
Waste - Achieve 50% reduction in unsorted waste amount.
Recycling - To increase recyclable waste amount by 10%.
Water - To reduce water consumption by 25%.
GHG’s - To reduce absolute Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 21%.
To reduce Scope 3 GHG emissions by 30,4% per ton of produced books.
Energy - To reduce energy consumption per ton of produced books by 10%.
Environmental Sustainability Report 2021
Material Compliance Statement